Usually, it is very difficult to come out with a list of best companies. When it comes to companies in Ghana, it’s the same issue, especially when people talk about the Ghana club 100 list.
Luckily enough, there is a group that is dedicated to identifying the best companies in Ghana. Not only that, they award the best-performing ones to keep them doing better.
This company is none other than the Ghana Investment Promotion Center, GIPC for short.
Also Worth Reading: 9 Profitable Business Ideas in Ghana.
Others may argue that the list doesn’t show that they are actually the best in Ghana. But then, that is the only way to get the best out of all, unless there is another way round.
Absolutely, there are criteria for selecting and awarding. Rather unfortunate, that’s not what I am going to talk about.
Click on the links below to Download the Ghana Club 100 List in PDF format.
If you have a list of the 2016 Ghana Club 100 List, please do well to let us have it by sending us a message. We would acknowledge you for that. Thank you.
Complete List of Companies in Ghana from the Ghana Club 100 List (2015)
- Newmont Golden Ridge Ltd.
- Ghana Oil Company
- Golden Star Resources Ltd.
- Total Petroleum Ghana Ltd
- Ecobank Ghana Ltd
- Unibank Ghana Ltd
- Zenith Bank Ghana Ltd
- Newmont Ghana Gold Ltd
- Ramel Business Services Ltd
- Cal Bank Ghana Ltd
- Barclays Bank Ghana Ltd
- Fan Milk Ghana Ltd
- Unilever Ghana Ltd
- Access Bank (Ghana) Ltd
- Ghana Home Loans
- Melcom Ltd
- Dalex Finance & Leasing Co Ltd
- Toyota Ghana Company Ltd
- B5 Plus Ltd
- Asa Savings And Loans Ltd
- Amenfiman Rural Bank Ltd
- Enterprise Life Assurance Co Ltd
- Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Ltd
- Ghana Community Network Svcs Ltd
- Capital Bank Ltd
- Sefwiman Rural Bank Ltd
- United Bank For Africa (Ghana) Ltd
- Nationwide Financial Services Ltd
- Nationwide Financial Services
- Scanard Ghana Ltd
- Manya Krobo Rural Bank Ltd
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank Ltd
- All Time Capital Ltd
- Fiaseman Rural Bank Ltd
- Leas Afric Ghana Ltd
- South Akim Rural Bank Ltd
- DHL Ghana Ltd
- Sic Life Co Ltd
- Societe Generale Ghana Ltd
- Shekinah Glory Hotel Ltd
- Glico Health Care Ltd
- Prudential Bank Ltd
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) Ltd
- Brooks Asses Management Ltd
- Otuasekan Rural Bank Ltd
- Jislah Financial Services
- Regency Alliance Insurance Ltd
- Dumpong Rural Bank Ltd
- Duraplast Ltd
- Prudential Life Ghana Ltd
- Odotobri Rural Bank Ltd
- Enterprise Insurance Co Ltd
- Kasapreko Co Ltd
- New Crystal Health Services Ltd
- Sahel Sahara Bank (BSIC Ghana Ltd)
- Anlo Rural Bank Ltd
- Bono Savings And Loans Ltd
- Unicredit Ghana Ltd
- Tropical Cable And Conductor Ltd
- Ahantaman Rural Bank Ltd
- Akwapim Rural Bank Ltd
- Star Assurance Company Ltd
- Japan Motors Ltd
- Bosomtwe Rural Bank Ltd
- M And G Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Benso Oil Palm Plantation Ltd
- Strategic Communication Africa Ltd
- Nwabiagya Rural Bank Ltd
- Kintampo Rural Bank Ltd
- CDH Savings And Loans
- Atwima Mponua Rural Bank Ltd
- Active Int Insurance Company Ghana Ltd
- Equity Assurance Limited
- Juaben Rural Bank Ltd
- Lower Pra Rural Bank Ltd
- Sekondi Takoradi Forex Bureau Ltd
- Paradua Forex Bureau Ltd
- Bank Of Baroda (Ghana) Ltd
- Pan African Savings And Loans Co Ltd
- Bia-Torya Community Bank Ltd
- Reroy Cables Limited
- Ananano Rural Bank Ltd
- Quality Life Assurance Co Ltd
- North Kaneshie Forex Bureau Ltd
- Nsoatreman Rural Bank Ltd
- Land Tours (Ghana) Ltd
- 1st African Forex Bureau Ltd
- Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Co (IPMC) Ltd
- Atlantic And Pacific Forex Bureau Ltd
- PZ Cussons Ghana Ltd
- Camelot Ghana Ltd
- Glico Life Insurance Co Ltd
- Latex Foam Rubber Products Ltd
- Bystems Ltd
- HFC Bank (Ghana) Ltd
- Reiss & Co (Ghana) Ltd
- Anum Rural Bank Ltd
- Glico General Insurance Co Ltd
- Imperial Homes Ltd
- Enterprise Trustees Ltd
Criteria For Selecting Companies for the Ghana Club 100 List
According to MyJoyOnline.com,
To be eligible for the Ghana Club 100 rankings, companies must be limited liability firms. Where companies have government interest, shared ownership should be less than 50% unless they are listed on local bourse.
Also, companies must have cumulative net profit for the last three consecutive years to be eligible for entry.
Ernst and Young, compilers of the 2013/2014 list base rankings on three main criteria – size, profitability and growth of the companies.
Company size is given a weight of 40% while profitability and growth are weighted 30% each.
The overall score for each company was then determined by totaling the company’s weighted average for all three criteria.
For more information on Companies in Ghana, the GIPC, or the Ghana Club 100 List, visit http://www.gipcghana.com/index.php